Thursday, February 11, 2016

Web 2.0: Multimedia Blog Pre-Posting


          I was going to a family reunion for my dad's side a while back.  I was so excited to see relatives I hadn't seen in years.  When I got there, however, once I got there, I couldn't understand half of what anyone was saying.  The problem: they all spoke fluent Italian, but I never learned how.  Fast forward a few years and I'm a senior in high school taking AP Italian and getting ready to go to Italy.
          Since the beginning of the class, I expected to learn how to read, write in and speak the Italian language.  While I have learned those three skills, the class mainly revolves around Italian culture and current events.  Everyday, the class starts with each student looking up and writing about a current event that they read about on 4minuti.it or repubblica.it.  We also go on various trips to learn about the culture of Italy, such as the opera, artisan shoppes and Italy itself. Ultimately, the goal of the class is too learn about the culture of Italy so that students can better understand lifestyles different from how they grew up.
          The class is graded the same way as most other classes are graded at our high school.  The total grade for each marking period is divided into sections: 25% tests, 15% quizzes, 25% projects, 15% informal assessments, 10% homework and 10% classwork and participation.  The teacher helps us along the way so that we can do all the work to the best of our abilities.  She tells us about her own experiences growing up in Italy, which helps us better understand Italian life and culture.  She does her best to make sure that her classes are well-educated and understand all of the required materials and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment